We want our work to be accessible to the widest possible audiences.
We’re working hard to remove barriers where we can. We know there is always more work to do so please let us how else we can improve our accessibility, via phone 029 2035 3070 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choosing sites and venues that are physically accessible
- Offering BSL interpretation and audio description for all our shows
- Developing our own system for captioning on iPads (so we can still offer captioning when we’re halfway up a mountain)
- Creating accessible content including audio introductions, flyers and trailers as well as BSL flyers and captioned trailers
- You’ll find specific access information for every show on our event pages
- National Theatre Wales’ office is situated in Castle Arcade, 0.5 miles from Cardiff Central train station and near several bus stops
- We have no car parking facilities on site. The closest available parking is NCP Cardiff Westgate Street.
- Blue Badge parking can be found on this map. Our postcode is CF10 1BW.
- Our main office area is on the first floor, split across two levels. Unfortunately, our lift is currently out of order; we are working to fix this as soon as we can. If that prevents you from accessing our office, we’re very happy to take you for a coffee nearby or we can meet on Zoom.
- All of our toilets are gender-neutral. There is a fully accessible toilet on the first floor
- We welcome guide, hearing, emotional support and assistance dogs
You can ask about or let us know your access requirements before you visit by phone at 029 2035 3070 or via email at email@example.com.
We're making progress in other areas too, including:
- Access Riders inviting every person we work with to tell us what they need to do their best work and making reasonable adjustments accordingly
- Improving the accessibility of our website
- Working with and learning from partners including Disability Arts Cymru and Unlimited
- Reviewing our recruitment processes and philosophy
- Providing disability and inclusion training for all our staff